Sunday, October 17, 2004

EVERYTHING IS FAIR AND LOVE IS WAR...!!!

Another one bites the dust; as a matter of fact half of it is done with. As we step into term 5 and look back, I realize that we were supposed to be half managers by now….am I?? Or for that matter is any one of us…?? Well, the answer is part yes and part no….!!! One thing is for sure though. I have had the most phenomenal six months of my life and if the variance so far is anything to go by then I am better of not predicting the outcome of the next six.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNT SO FAR….

1) Throwing jargon at anyone without knowing a word of the jack shit I let out.
2) Look convincing while accomplishing the above mentioned act.
3) Remain awake for 20 out of 24 hours in a day with out or without work.
4) Look fresh after accomplishing the above mentioned act.
5) Throwing parties at notices as short as a quarter of an hour.
6) Pretend as if it was the easiest thing in the world
7) Score marks by hook or by crook, by studying or looking at the mate down the nook.
8) And still manage to babble about ethics and morals in public.
9) Laugh at yourself.
10) And pretend that you have taken that joke in your stride.
11) Fall in and out of love as per convenience.
12) And act that you are out of it for sure.

WHAT I WILL NEVER LEARN…..

1) Controlling emotions, whether openly or in the closet.
2) Working hard.
3) Not to obligate when uncalled for.
4) Not cry after every Indian defeat in Cricket.
Who cares…that’s me…!!!!

WHAT OTHERS WILL NEVER LEARN….

1) That emotions and feelings are personal to the individual and that one should never benchmark them with their own feelings or the lack of it.
2) That what goes around comes around; there is someone somewhere who doesn’t love you.
3) That grades are neither the beginning nor the end of the world.
4) Small defeats are only a passing phase and we must take them in our stride. There would be times when you would have worked harder than required and still not got what you wanted…so be it….
5) Double standards will eventually catch up…!!!!
6) Take NO for an answer.

Signing off……

PS: Bangalore was fun, what was better was the fact that our esteemed institute has kicked some ass in the MBA circles…

Resolution for elective terms: GET A DECENT JOB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home