Saturday, September 11, 2004

Sloshed...........

And finally it happened to me.....and it was long overdue.

"Who me???, neverrrrr. I can't never get no drunk guys. I am always in control......I am the kinds who is suposed to take care of others....Its the careless, irresponsible types who get drunk at parties and then create scenes."

Well thats not entirely inaccurate though. A scene I did create but not in public. I believe and I think I believe right, only my best friend was witness to my theatrical and childish display (or outburst) of emotions. And whats more, it happened within the close confines of my room.

The run up to my plight was my brother's engagement party. I played perfect host at the party and tried to ensure that everything was in place. Well almost everything was.....but for my eyes. They kept on chasing the women of my dreams only to find her in the safe strong arms of a friend. God bless them, they are perfect for each other and I would like to believe that I had a role to play in their union. Unacknowledged, but I had some part to play in a completed love story after all.

Hum kyon shikwa karen jhoota
Kya hua jo dil toota......

It is not that I didn't make mistakes,

  • I guess I had too much liqour for comfort.
  • Danced too close for comfort with a certain female.
  • Got into the bottoms up trap thrice too often.
  • Asked my best buddy to make the most difficult choice of his life (Hate myself for that)

But then these are mistakes one commits at this age.


However certain dents may take ages to heal or maynot heal at all. I am sure after all that I said, my friends wouldn't want to see the sight of me. They would find it difficult to trust me... But so would I.......Infact if there was one thing I could swear by in my life, it was our friendship....neah no more.

Signing off........

PS: All said and done....the party was rocking and I got due credit for it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home