THE OTHER SIDE......
There is nothing such as absolute, everything is relative and when I say relative, I mean there are shades of grey. Oh...!!!! here he goes again, same old stuff about the girl he loves and how she says "If he doesn't express himself he is a loser and if he does, I ensure that he doesn't win".
FIRST TAKE
The last 28 hours have been a total roller coaster, every minute packed with news and every second full of action. People dropping in from other cities to woo their long lost love, boys trying to impress women and young men taking shot at their ladies.....
Nice Guy was the at the eye of the storm, centre of action and partner in crime....call whatever, after all I threw the party....and easily it was the party of the season for reasons more than one.
a) Going by pure numbers it was the most well attended party so far....shit we missed the double ton by a quater of a ton.
b) It was a blast for the buzzos for there was a discount for them and for the teatotallers the utility maximization was even more. Without having spent a single penny they saw movies ranging from Kal Ho Na Ho, Ek Phool Do Maali, Andheri Raat main Diya tere Haath main, Pati Patni aur Tawaif and Ranga Khush (Believe me its a movie starring the Legendry Joginder and if you still don't, check with Sajid Khan).
c) I was a part of both the groups (what with a better deal on the discounts) and had the best of the both worlds. But my utility was maximized coz the brand equity of my Rakeeb (Urdu, Raaste ka kanta for the uninitiated) tumbled. The celebrated Rang(a)een dude, was in his elements. He was spotted smooching the little blue ridding hood.......but he would argue its all fair....ek naukri ke liye chhokri itna to kar hee sakti hai.....If we calculate, the PV of the placement, it indeed is positive...!!!!
Nice Guy's verdict: The dude is the male counterpart of Khasti Kashti....
d) Another thing that the party reinforced was the bond among the Big Five. Waqt aane pe hum log ek doosre pe jaan chhidakte hain. The Citibanker and Schemaster made every ditch effort to get me close to my love and when they didn't succeed, they threw her into a ditch. And, the Nice Guy that I am, I tried my best to help her out.......even sang songs for her.
NET NET: What a day........
THE OTHER SIDE
Every silver cloud has a dark lining well this one was marred and scarred with black streaks.
a) 40% of the famous five couldn't make it to the party of the season. The total letter grade in our gang has remained same albeit with a slight re adjustment among the not young CA's... One was glad to have crossed the barrier of embarassment while the other was sad that he was back in bad company. Chalo yaron...iss term main sabki laga denge.
b) My Citibanker overdid the " I'll get you your love stuff". First, he smoked too many cigars for comfort. Second, he threw someone into a pit forcing her into tears. Third, he forced me to pull her out of it.
Net Result: I am into deeper shit, she feels I am over protective. This is what you get for not even talking to her the entire evening, not even being within the first sigma of your love. But my buddy had all the right intentions.......obliged.
c) My roomie's life has been hanging in suspended animation sine die. His love interest's ex love interest landed on campus to everyone's surprise and from what I hear created a rucus. God help people (including me) sort their life out. Some people have more choice than they need and I have no choice at all.
d) I had a heart to heart with my roomie for the first time. I always knew we connect because of our obvious affiliations to a MODEL code of conduct but we were in a similar (almost) situation last night. I was howling to him, "She is drunk....she can't drive....she is not listening to me what do I do....its not that I want to infringe into her space but I can't see her in this condition.....I hope she finds someone she is looking for....she is lonely......". We were holding on to each other, it was hard to make out, who was consoling whom, but the maturer of the two replied, "Buddy, you can't control anyone else's life, Life main aise nahi hota hai"....Aur maine kya kaha...."Life ke baare main mujhe nahi pata magar pyaar to aise heee hota hai"
God...before SRK rules my brain yet again...I better get back to CORPFIN..
Signing off.......
PS: My fellow blogging big fiver is gonna help me malign all my rakeeb's on campus.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home