Monday, July 12, 2004

Shades of GREY.....

The tasty Kebabs (much delayed though),the senti talk and the stiff back ensured that I get a sound sleep. I was feeling much better today not for any other reason but for the fact that it was monday. But this monday was a little different, for once my hands trembled while calling someone. Anyhow, I picked my clothes carefully so that my bechara back would be comfortable in it....and guess what, I picked grey.

Someone told me that there are no fixed ways, there are no blacks or whites there are only shades of grey. Looking at the pedigree of the commentator, I took the statement on face value. Apna Jaggu had also commented in class, its all a matter of perception my friend. There are no fixed rules in marketing, as long as you know what you are selling.

However, the Nice Guy was confronted with reality and he has the following counter arguments to the above stated axiom.

1) My sweet love-struck neighbour tells me that someone is perfect. Infact she is too good, all her attributes are placed at the ideal values. The Nice Guy couldn't agree more with you mate....Net Net.....There are no shades of grey...Someone is all in the WHITE.

2) The birthday boy tells me with his characteristic conviction, "Dude, there is an inherent mismatch.".....Net Net.....There are no shades of grey....The future is all BLACK.

3) My nearly love-struck birdie tells me that someone has a fixed idea about how a man should be.......Net Net.....There are no shades of grey....That Mr. XYZ is all WHITE and I am all BLACK.

Here I go again....I have just proved a theory wrong and I feel like God. Main kabhi normal insaan kyon nahi bann pata....hamesha bhagwan kyon bann jata hoon. Sometimes I seriously feel that it's not worth all this, I must take a cue from my buddy and learn and imbibe the virtues of being selfish. You will wash away all your sorrows and pains. Why should you take the pain while others smile, or for that matter aren't even bothered......

The answer is simple, if I tell Jagga, "Prof. Raaju, this not a Maruti but a Jaguar" would he believe me. So....be what you are dude, upar wala sab dekhta hai...and as apne Yash Chopra saab says..."Someone, somewhere is made for you..."

Signing off.....

PS: Hebrew is a difficult language....or for that matter anything taught in it.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home