Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Finally.............

It takes three terms, 29 meetings, 6 walkouts and countless sessions of back biting and mud slinging for the benign boys to come to terms with reality. While the other 24 groups used their laptops to no avail, the B9ers gave the performance of their life. That’s why they say...when you bid...bid high and bid big....never let the winner's curse haunt you.....Aaah the loser tag is off for the night...thanks to the Lullu Pullu CA....he is hereby absolved of his Johnson Wax fiasco...

Either life has become boring or I have stopped being myself. I have been spending the last few days with myself, talking to myself, thinking about myself and the road ahead (or maybe the flight ahead). I haven't read Ayn Rand but from whatever I have heard of the author.... it seems I need to get my act together.

I don't know how true the champ from Alacrity was, but he did drop some pearls of wisdom that will stay with me for ever.

"Everyone plays god, but the question is how you play it. Its all about playing god and being accountable about it."

"There is no such thing as a good judge of a man"

"Assert your goodness and nature will flow with you"

"Life is a versatile laboratry, it allows you to simulate failures..."

Point taken....

Just as we heaved a sigh of relief for having done fine in one group assignment, another one is getting inventorized. We somehow managed to complete (or put together) one of the most FAFiest pieces of art ever to be made in the history of venture capital. The entrepreneurs had zeroed in on a project to present but the I banker in me had this intuition and for once I was bang on....So here we go to the investors tomorrow morning all decked up in suits...asking for their money with nothing in hand....!!!!!!

Talking of assignments..a course from the next term required me to undergo a painful exercise. Man..!! I had to recall all resourceful people I have ever met, forcibly classify them as friends and then rate them on an MDS/Semantic Scale. I however realized that it is extremely difficult to find friends in life.

Those who love you will give their left arms for you and ask nothing in return and those whom you love, will one day slit your throat and give nothing in return......

Signing off...........!!

PS:
Q) Why does a monkey scratch his armpits??
Ans) Because he can...

Courtesy: Chacha Choudhry