Sunday, August 22, 2004

Weak End...

One for my master, one for my dame and one for the little lady who lives down the lane......

Three terms gone, one after the other without no learning, without no value add and above all without no effort........and before I can erase the sweet memories of my first love (err my first job..i meant) the place is abuzz with placement season.

Getting placed should not be a problem for a DBCE (Delhi born confused engineer) like me as I trust myself to FAF my way through any IT, ITES or sales job. As such my expectations from life are very limited. A hefty salary, a 9-5 job, reasonable workload and a dil ki achchi biwi waiting for me at the end of the day's work........All you want is money....all you need is food....

Talking of work...I was the initial enthusiast in my work group but over the last three terms I have degraded into a free rider of the worst kind. I am no better than a cushion on the piece of furniture we already had in our group. Hate being myself, for whatever I have been doing in the last few weeks.......I guess its just a case of being intimidated by the shouting brigade of the group. But thats not the way out dude...u'll find such teams whereeva ya go......so get back into the groooooove....its never too late to contribute.......

Another reason why I hate being myself is because for the umpteenth time in my life, I am getting screwed for not having done something. Every aira gaira nathu khaira has an opinion about my non existant relationship with the lady in the red. Hadh to tab hui jab 'pond ke tambi' ne bhi pooch liya: "Sir, kya baat hai? Aajkal Akele khaana khaa rahe ho...madam se ladai ho gayi kya?". Just another case of being incriminated on the basis of malicious rumours.

The only fruitful value add during the weekend was the casual on-campus stroll(s) with the seasoned traveller. Uncalled for yet good advice....would go some distance in helping me shortlist my electives. Not that it would make much difference.....IT GUYS ARE LIKE TRUMP CARDS.. Kahin bhi fit ho jaate hain...!!!

Lots to do...ain't no time left.....a weak end to a long weekend...

Signing off.......

PS: Just when you feel that any relationship is working out....things turn the other way. First it was someone and now it seems the famous five are falling apart. Earlier, I made the mistake of taking on god himself in public and yesterday my mates hit each other below the belt..... It kindda disappoints me...

NOT IN PUBLIC YAAAAAR


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home