BODYLINE.....
"When you can't get a batsman out, roll him over. Bug him with short deliveries one after the other on the line of his body. If we can't get him out, we'll knock him down." Famous words of Douglus Jardine when he addressed Harlod Larwoord on board the ship headed to Australia for the infamous BODYLINE series.
Being in the line of fire is so much fun, I didn't realize that till I endured one short ball after the other this afternoon. Sachin would be proud of my performance as I dealt with the likes of Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar over after over...ball after ball. Altruism seldom pays and I was lucky to have returned to the pavillion unscathed after playing night watchman to the General Manager.
What really amazes me though is that fact that people have come to this place after paying 1.5M INR and have qualms shelling out 100 chips for a party. Study hard and party harder is the motto of this place or so they say.......but they want it all for free. So guys thats whats gonna happen from now on.....You're gonna party on peanuts and dance to the tunes of DJ dude..... and all for free.....take it or leave it.....and I walk away with the 1.75 crores.
Much as I try to convince myself that he is not responsible for it, deep down I know that Pringles is the culprit. He thinks he is Mr. Know All....well yeah you are...no doubt..you are.
1) But then Messieur Pringles must also know that as of now I have paid for parties out of my own pocket. I care two hoots about what you think about me....I don't have your pedigree and I know I never will but I live by my honesty and you know that.
2) You know you are wasting your time out here with mortals like me but then you made that decision....but the one decision you didn't take was voting for me. You weren't called upon to take that shot....... So go find answers to your questions from the right people....don't get into a situation where you get a Stats prof to answer questions on emerging markets....you know what happens..."SHIT HAPPENS"
Apart from the cricket, it has been a productive day. For once I am getting beyond reading theory in CORPFIN.
THE GOAL is becoming clearer and clearer as I near it. My goal is not help people with my kind hearted gesture, my goal is not to win over anyone......Simply stated, I am here to make money. And say what you mates....I am gonna make loads of it...much more than the 1.75 crore I am accused of having hidden under my bed.
Signing off..............
PS: My buddy is a fin, personal and emotional consultant all rolled into one. He is providing emotional consultancy to two people who are better off discussing it amongst each other.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home