Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Mere yaar ki shaadi hai....

I had marked the words of the LDP prof when he said that slowly yet surely you will change during the course of this year. You will not know but others will tell you.....You will not remain the same person that came here...and his words are more or less true. The character that I was, someone who could never sit in his room, someone who could never keep shut.....is no longer the character that I am....someone who spends the larger part of his time in his room, listening to music or studying. Am I greying or maturing...or is it an illusion that I am creating for the world to believe.

It takes something for me to write after a month during the peak of the placement season. Something that I had known all this while, something I was living with..something I had grown to live with. Yet it is so difficult to face when it is actually staring on my face.

It was exactly two years back (well not exactly....a day less)...

Yeah, It was 6th of January 2003 when I was told to conduct my first training session. I was to induct 8 trainees into our project, I was all excited about it, just like a performer in search of a stage. But as the session went on it began to suck....and this pink girl in the red was irritating me by firing one question after the other.......I shall never see her face again....and went back to my seat and began to do what I was best at...code code code...

She came to my seat everyday with one problem or the other and over the next 2 months the nature of problems changed from casually professional to extremly personal. So much so that by the time she finished her internship we were the best of friends... I hate parting much as I love partying...and when she left my office to complete her induction training...I thought to myself...thats it....I shall never see her face again

Then as luck would have it she was posted back to the same project as mine, same floor and same row. Time went by and we became closer and closer and closer, she often called her boyfriend by my name (..!!!! where did he come into the picture from...well he was always there). The office felt we were seeing each other....my friends asked me every now and then... " Say you love her" and I said..."Neah, we're just best friends"

Deep within we knew where we were headed and that was no where....A road which ended in an abyss, an endless ocean of pain. And then another twist....I got what I wanted and I left to become something I always was..a manager...and I though to myself..thats it then I shall never see her face again

Today 9 months down this place, the world has moved on....she will walk down the isle with her beau in a months time. I have grown as an individual but I am still standing where I was standing when I left that place.......and am still trying to convince my self that I shall never see her face again

But I know for sure...Its a long life and a small world

Signing off

PS: Will be back after the placement break.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home