Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Games People Play..........!!!!!

Dear Diary,

I start this piece by addressing my personal diary as this is exclusively for me, myself and main. Barring a couple of people close to me, anyone else who dares to read this will be prosecuted :-).............

This place has a reputation for bringing together some of the best faculty in business, we had one Singh leaving yesterday and had the other one taking charge today. I thought the guy was okay at best and for the sake of his over rated reputation, I hope he grows in stature over the next few lectures (He only has 4 in all !!!!!).

Talking of ratings, the guy taking the Global Economics is easily the most under rated teacher. He is simply awesome and he gets a seven out of seven from me on all attributes. He is right up there on my perceptual map. Such is the impact that I can't help but apply the concepts to my personal life. But just like him, I am not sure whether to apply the classical or the keynesian approach, so I am going to use both the models with a little bit of game theory sprinkled all over.

I got up in the morning with a steely resolve that I would have breakfast alone. Kept reminding myself, "I will not wake up someone, I will NOT wake up someone." and I didn't. I was elated at having accomplished target one. Walked to the cafe alone and had breakfast. Something in me told me that this wasn't right, so I SMSed someone.

Now to the concepts of economics

1)Keynseian Approach: According to this approach a government or regulatry hand is essential for the smooth functioning of an economy. So my regulator (my brain!!!) tells me that I should distance myself from someone and differentaite my offerings. Within a few days I would know my position on the perceptual map..(Infact more importantly, whether I am on the map or not).

2)Classical Approach: This approach is a proponent of the invisible hand theory and states that individuals try to maximize their benefits and inturn maximize the gains for the economy. My invisble hand (my heart...) tells me to let things go as they are and they would be fine.

I am totally confused, as to which approach to follow (just as I was during the exam). But something in me tells me that someday, someone will realize what is right and in the long run the ecconomy would be in equilibrium. So as of now, I choose to reject both theories and formulate my own hypothesis.

Postulates of my Hypothesis:
1) Be good with others only as long as it doesn't hurt you (my buddy would be smiling away to glory).

2) Don't take things too seriously......because on most occasions, things don't take you that seriously.

3) Nothing is black or white....everything is Grey .
Sorry someone for plagarizing your statement.

Signing off..........

PS: Another blog refers to my best buddy being thrown out of a car by a turban clad follower of sikhism. Man, you claim to be a sikh but your trimmed beard reminds me more of a mullah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home