Monday, July 05, 2004

The land of Snakes (and) Charmers

Triiiing............Life at this place begins@9, be it morning or night.

Today I woke up with a sore hand!!!! The reason is quite unexpected though, I was invited for dinner and in line with Indian Standard Time I reached half an hour later than the scheduled time. To my utter dismay I found that the abundant capital resouces were unmatched by labour. The lack of skilled labour meant that as usual, Mr. Nice Guy had to step into his elements. The company was tolerable and somehow I managed to endure the grand dinner. Wasn't much interested in the football, so took a stroll around campus with a 'good friend' and saw a snake working his way up a hole inside a car. The number plate of the car was unclear and I could only read a 'UU' on it.

Cue of the day: It is sooo easy to throw a dinner party, the mantra is simple CYOF (Cook your own food!!!!)....

Back to the day now, got up at nine and called the two most important people on campus to wake em up. One has been close for the last two terms and the other has been closing in on the gap over the last two weeks. Nice Guy will give his life for his friends and any predators or criminal (all the Rangas, Billas and Charles Sobhrajs) dare not touch them.

The campus was abuzz as one charmer was being replaced by the other. The one being replaced is leaving behind lots of substance, good humour and goodwill. For once I am proud to use my turban instead of my brain for thinking. 'I hope everybody is ok with that....auright'

The replacement is a different breed alltogether and I am yet to decipher whether he is a snake or a charmer ,though my buddies from Manhattan find him sexy??. Well the Nice Guy says this....he has a good accent and a good pair of sunglasses (wonder why he wore them on his head during the break in a centrally airconed class room...!!!)but I prefer the one with substance......

Off to sleep.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I hope I get up in time for the Chaat Night....

PS: A senior friend of mine embarrassed me yet again while I was rendering a ghazal on request. But sab chalta hai....Naa umar ki seema ho..naa janam ka ho bandhan!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home